Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial auto insurance protects businesses that operate vehicle fleets or hires employees who are always on the road. Accidents happen and your employees won’t always be the plaintiff in these cases. When one of your employees is deemed to be at-fault in an accident while performing their job duties, your company will face a claim. That’s why it’s important your company is protected by a solid commercial auto insurance policy.
The team at IPA Risk Management, LLC, is dedicated to building long-lasting relationships with all of our clients. From the minute you call our office in Rochelle Park, New Jersey, we will treat you like a member of our family. Call us today at 201.797.1084 to schedule an appointment with a member of our brokerage.
What does commercial auto insurance cover?
Commercial auto insurance helps to cover many different circumstances that one of your employees could be involved in, including the following:
- An employee is involved in a car accident while driving a company vehicle
- An employee gets involved in a car accident while driving to or from work in a company vehicle
- An employee is involved in an accident involving a pedestrian, bicyclist, or motorcyclist while driving a company vehicle
Your company should consider acquiring a commercial auto insurance policy if any of the following applies:
- Your company owns, leases, or rents vehicles such as cars and trucks
- Your company has employees who drive their own vehicles to conduct business
- Your company has employees who operate leased, rented or owned company vehicles
The bottom line here is that if a vehicle is being driven for business purposes, no matter what those purposes are, your company should have a commercial auto insurance policy in place to protect your employees and your company. Whether you are using a sedan to travel around the city from one meeting to the next or are towing construction equipment to the next job site; a commercial auto insurance policy will protect your company in the event of an accident.
The cost of commercial auto insurance
The cost of a commercial auto insurance policy depends on a lot of different factors, including the following:
- The number of vehicles your company uses
- The vehicle type and value
- The level of risk involved
- The company’s claims history
- The driving records of the employees
- The policy deductible and limits you choose
The cost of your premium can be controlled by adjusting the deductible you choose.
What should our company’s auto policy include?
When your company begins the search for a commercial auto policy to protect itself from accidents, it’s best to consult with an experienced brokerage. The team at IPA Risk Management, LLC, will review your company’s operations, the fleet, and the drivers you wish to name on the policy. After reviewing all of the above, we will provide the proper coverage that should be in the policy. This coverage could include any of the following:
- Collision coverage: this covers physical damage to vehicles you own
- Comprehensive coverage: this covers damage from fire, vandalism, theft, and other causes
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage: this covers losses incurred from accidents with drivers who are either uninsured or underinsured
Offering specialized coverage options
There isn’t much out there that IPA Risk Management, LLC, won’t be able to insure. That’s why we offer specialized coverage options with most of our insurance policies, including commercial auto coverage. For example, if you own and operate a food truck, this is a type of commercial vehicle that requires specialized coverage. Why? These vehicles not only travel, but they also operate the business out of the vehicle. The risks increase if a food truck serves alcohol. A specialized policy offers the following for your food truck business:
- Mobile business interruption coverage that comes with an auto policy is built to reimburse income lost when a mobile business cannot operate due to a loss that is covered by the policy
- Farmers’ primary mobile food vendor insurance provides coverage for property of your business that is carried in the vehicle, money, securities, and equipment breakdowns
- A premier policy covers food-borne illness and food spoilage at very generous limits
As with any insurance need, it is best to consult with an experienced broker from IPA Risk Management, LLC.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Brokerage Today
Protecting the assets of your business is vital to your success. If you ask your employees to drive company cars or if you operate a fleet of vehicles, it’s in your best interest to have a commercial auto insurance policy in your company’s name. Call our office in Rochelle Park, New Jersey, at 201.797.1084 to schedule an appointment with our brokerage. We will put our decades of experience to work for you so you can focus on the daily operations of your company.